We all always take care of our body as we want radiant, smooth, and wrinkle-free skin year-round. But, in the winter season your skin needs extra care as the hydrated and healthy skin of summer turns into chapped and dry skin. The following skin care tips will help you to keep looking great all winter long.
Winter skin care tips:
Drink water: It is important to drink more water as we get more dehydrated in the winter. We should drink more water to keep the hydrated and healthy skin of summer. This is a very simple and beneficial way to keep healthy skin.
Avoid hot showers and baths: Hot shower in cold winter day is much attractive and feel great, right? But, bathing in hot water causes a loss in moisture as the water breaks down the lipid barriers in your skin. Skin care experts recommends lukewarm shower instead of hot water.
Oil bath: Using jojoba oil or sweet almond in bath will do wonders for your skin. Adding a few drops of these in your everyday bath will nourish your skin.
Use a gentle facial cleanser: Start using a creamy facial cleanser while removing dirt and makeup for healthy looking skin. Start using Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash for skin.
Use a humidifier: The lack of moisture in the air causes skin to crack and become itchy. Using a humidifying system can help you to put moisture back into the air and prevent extremely dry skin.
Exfoliate. You can use a good body scrub and facial exfoliant in the winter as they help to get rid of the dead skin cells and reveals newer, healthier-looking skin. Skin care experts recommend to use a light exfoliant scrub, but to not over-exfoliate.
Use moisturizer: You should use moisturizer throughout the day to protect your skin from moisture loss. Choose a moisturizing cream that contains 80% oil. Try using body lotion before and after the shower. It will help you to lock some extra moisture.
Use sunscreen: In the cold winter, people like to enjoy the sun very much. But do you know that exposure to the sun can accelerate ageing. 15 minutes before you leave home, use a sunscreen with at least an SPF of 15 or more. Reapply the sunscreen, if you stay out in the sun for more than 30 minutes.
Avoid alcoholic products: you should avoid skin and hairstyling products that have a high alcoholic content. Using alcoholic product can strip away moisture. You should use alcohol-free products.
Chapped lips: Chapped lips are a common problem during winter. Use a lip balm with at least SPF 15 and preferably one with antiseptic agents to make lips soft. Some lip balm products are made with tea tree oil, which helps heal painful cracks.
Some more usual tips for winter skin problems:
- Drink lots of water, fruit or vegetable juices or any other fluid. Water or liquid food keeps your skin naturally hydrated from within.
- To clean your skin, don’t try to use soap. Instead of soap you can use green gram powder. Its regular use would leave you with soft and supple skin.
- In winter the best cleaning method for dry skin is soaking the face in lukewarm water for 10 minutes. This is very useful for dry skin.
- Choose a perfect dress in winter. A perfect dress up in winter can prevent skin care problems.
- In order to keep your face looking natural, always choose a foundation that closely matches your skin tone throughout the year. In winter, our skin tone tends to be at its palest, so make sure to test a foundation before you buy it.
- Use a facial moisturizer each morning to keep your face feeling fresh and smooth. Select a moisturizer that contains both a sunscreen and natural humectant like, vitamin E.
- Wear moisturizing lip balm daily, even when your lips do not feel chapped. The extra protection will minimize the possibility of dry lips by keeping your lips moisturized. Lip balm is available in a variety of flavors and scents. You can choose the flavors and scents of your choice, what you’ll look forward to wearing daily.