Learn How to make traditional Bangladeshi Borhani Drink which help Digestion.
Borhani is an easy-to-prepare Bangladeshi traditional yogurt drink without the fuss. Tasty and delicious, Borhani is always a part of every Bangladeshi celebrations.
Yogurt is a wonderful quick, easy and nutritious snack that is available year-round and it is the main ingredient of Borhani. Many people who cannot tolerate milk, either because of a protein allergy or lactose intolerance, can enjoy yogurt. It is because yogurt is easier to digest than milk.
Borhani is a very delicious drink. In Bangladesh, Borhani is a traditional yogurt drink served at wedding ceremonies or birthday. No occasion or ceremony will be arranged without Borhani.
Here’s how to make Borhani:
You will Need:
- One kg Plain yogurt (curd)
- One table-spoon paste of green pepper
- One tablespoon paste of Mint Leaf (pudina leaf)
- One teaspoon paste of white pepper ( sada golmorich)
- One teaspoon paste of mustard (sorisha)
- One teaspoon powder of cumin (jira)
- Chat salt (not normal white salt, it’s called BIT NUN)
- One cup of fresh milk
- Sugar (as per taste)
- Normal salt (as per taste)
How to do:
- Mix plain yogurt with milk.
- Then mix with 3-4 cup of water.
- Mix up all other ingredients together with yogurt except chat salt and powder (moshla).
- Then strain yogurt with thin cloth.
- Add chat salt and powder (moshla) to the yogurt mixture.
- Serve cold with ice.
Tip: Serve with biryanis, tehari or pulao rice. Keep refrigerated if you plan to serve Borhani later.